What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files (composed only of letters and numbers) that a web server places on your computer or mobile device when you visit a webpage. When used, the cookie can help make our website more user-friendly, for example by remembering your language preferences and settings. You can find more information about cookies at www.allaboutcookies.org.
We store Technologies when you visit or access our website (typically, when you are visiting our websites) – these are called “First Party Technologies.” In addition, Technologies are stored by other third parties (for example our analytics service providers, business partners and advertisers) who run content on our website – these are called “Third Party Technologies.” Both types of Technologies may be stored either for the duration of your visit on our website or for repeat visits.
What types of Technologies do we use?
There are five main types of Technologies:
- Strictly Necessary Technologies
- These Technologies are essential to enable you to login, navigate around and use the features of our website, or to provide a service requested by you (such as your username). We do not need to obtain your consent in order to use these Technologies. These Technologies can be used for security and integrity reasons – for example to detect violation of our policies and for support or security features.
- Functionality Technologies
- These Technologies allow our website to remember choices you make (such as your language) and provide enhanced and personalized features. For example, these Technologies are used for authentication (to remember when you are logged-in) and support other features of our website.
- Performance Technologies
- These Technologies collect information about your online activity (for example the duration of your visit on our website), including behavioral data and content engagement metrics. These Technologies are used for analytics, research and to perform statistics (based on aggregated information).
- Marketing or Advertising Technologies
- These Technologies are used to deliver tailored offers and advertisements to you, based on your derived interests, as well as to perform email marketing campaigns. They can also be used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign. They are usually placed by our advertisers (for example advertising networks) and provide them insights about the people who see and interact with their ads, visit their websites or use their app.
- Social Media Technologies
- Our website includes social media features, such as the Facebook “Like” or “Share” buttons, or third party log-in website. These features are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our website. Your interactions with these features are governed by the privacy statement of the company providing these features.
How to manage your cookie settings
There are various ways in which you can manage and control your cookie settings. Please remember that, by deleting or blocking cookies, some of the features of the website may not work properly or as effectively.
Turning off cookies via your web browser.
Most web browsers will provide you with some general information about cookies, enable you to see what cookies are stored on your device, allow you to delete them all or on an individual basis, and enable you to block or allow cookies for all websites or individually selected websites. You can also normally turn off third party cookies separately. Please note that the settings offered by a browser or device often only apply to that particular browser or device.
Controlling Browser Cookie Settings.
Information about cookies is usually found in the “Help” section of the web browser. Turning off third party cookies.
You can turn off certain third party targeting/advertising cookies by visiting the following link: Network Advertising Initiative.
Other helpful resources.