Click here to get the latest Ozcode version: 18.104.22.16840
New features in V4
- Time travel debugging
- Predict the future
Ozcode predicts code execution all the way to the end of the method, predicting the values of everything along the way.
- Predictive DataTip
Improving the VS DataTip, Ozcode’s DataTip shows the value of the expression while it is evaluated.
- Editing the Future
Works with VS ‘Edit and continue’ to see whether your bug-fix was good or not as soon as you lift your fingers off the keyboard.
- Loops and If & Switch statements within loops
Time travel across loop iterations without having to Step Over, so you can never go “too far”.
- Go to Execution
Step Into a method without changing the yellow debugger line.
- Predict the future
- Version 22.214.171.12440 – 7 March, 2021
- Restored compatibility with Visual Studio Preview
- Version 126.96.36.19913 – 4 November, 2020
- Fixed issues in Ozcode Heads-Up display
- Fixed a LINQ compatibility issue connected to the release of a recent version of Visual Studio
- Version 188.8.131.5209 – 26 July, 2020
- Improved LINQ support with .NET Core 3.1
- Improved LINQ support for Entity Framework
- Version 184.108.40.20642 – 27 May, 2020
- Fixed magic wand issue popup disappearing
- Auto-expanding root item in Quick Watch
- Version 220.127.116.1137 – Jan 30, 2020
- Fixed LINQ issues in .NET Core 3
- Fixed HUD issue with null comparisons
- Fixed Tracepoints not showing in VS 2019
- Fixed dependency conflicts with ICsharpCode.Decompiler
- Version 18.104.22.1689 – Jan 27, 2020
- Improved: Ozcode’s performance.
- Fixed: Performance of Visual Studio 2019.
- Fixed: Issue with TracePoints in Visual Studio 2019.
- Fixed: Issue with Heads-up display.
- Fixed: Issue with Search feature in Visual Studio 2017.
- Version 22.214.171.1242 – Nov 10, 2019
- Improved: Performance in Ozcode installation and startup
- Fixed: Tracepoints feature compatibility with VS 2019 (versions 16.2 and higher)
- Version 126.96.36.1993 – Oct 23, 2019
- Added: Repeat last search functionality for QuickAttach
- Improved: Time Travel feature, performance time and unique properties
- Fixed: LINQ data-tip window appearance in over 3 screens
- Version 188.8.131.523 – Sep 8, 2019
- Added: “Clear on Each Run” button added to the Tracepoints Window
- Improved: LINQ feature performance
- Fixed: Issue with Export to Excel feature
- Fixed: Issue with DataTip appearance (over 2 monitors)
- Version 184.108.40.2069 – Aug 6, 2019
- Fixed: Issue with rotating Time Travel (Predict) button
- Fixed: Issue where Visual Studio 2019 freezes
- Fixed: Issue with exporting to excel not working
- Fixed: Issue where Visual Studio 2019 hangs for 10-15 seconds
- Version 220.127.116.113 – June 30, 2019
- Added: Improved DataTip (tooltip) behaviour on hover
- Improved: Extra contrast theme User Interface
- Fixed: Issue where Ozcode would freeze when working with UnityContainer
- Fixed: Issue with Quick Attach
- Version 18.104.22.1682 – June 5, 2019
- Fixed: Issue where Ozcode is ‘Unable to cast object’
- Fixed: Issues with logging in to Ozcode in Visual Studio
- Version 22.214.171.1248 – May 12, 2019
- Fixed: Issue where Ozcode would freeze on VS2017
- Version 126.96.36.1999 – April 17, 2019
- Fixed: Issue where an error message appears after every step
- Version 188.8.131.520 – April 10, 2019
- Added: Info logs for async evaluation
- Fixed: Issue where Time Travel (predict) does not appear in a specific case
- Version 184.108.40.2066 [Official release] – April 2, 2019
- Added: Support for predicting int.TryParse and int.Parse
- Fixed: Exception when break on Foreach
- Fixed: Crash due to InvalidcastException
New features in V3
- LINQ debugging
- Numeric Indicator
- LINQ DataTip
- C#7 support
- Export – Save instances as C# code, XML or json
- Brand new ‘Compare’
- Version 220.127.116.1113:
- Many small bug fixes and perf improvements, bumped version to v3.1, see blog post
- Fixed issue where Ozcode sometimes caused VS to hang with “Evaluating expression” dialog
- Version 18.104.22.16885 (27/5/2017)
- Added: Support for debugging IQueryables with the full power of the Ozcode LINQ Debugging functionality.
- Added: Support for debugging a partial IQueryable in case input is very long.
- Fixed: Issues with keyboard focus where using LINQ feature caused keyboard input not to do anything, until you click back inside the code editor.
- Fixed: Several cases where LINQ Debugging would fail to show results in Query Comprehension style queries with multiple `from` or `join` clauses
- Version 22.214.171.12497
- Fixed: Several cases where installing Ozcode v3.0 VSIX failed.
- Fixed: Several cases where LINQ Debugging would fail to show results
- Fixed: Issue where “Log In” would fail when connecting through some old deprecated transparent proxy software
- Version: 126.96.36.19994
- Fixed: Further improved VS2017 startup performance
- Added: Support for VS2017 RTM
- Version 188.8.131.5248
- Fixed: Issue where installing into VS2015 would only install into Administrator account
- Fixed: Performance issue in Compare QuickAction
- Version: 184.108.40.20630
- Fixed: Fixed an issue with VS2017 startup performance
- Fixed: Some cases where LINQ feature did not work
- Version: 220.127.116.1129 (16/12/2016)
- Fixed: LINQ feature not working properly in localized versions of VS
- Fixed: LINQ feature not working properly in some cases where the query contained the (?.) null propogation operator
- Fixed: LINQ feature not working properly in some cases where the query uses a mixture of Query Comprehension syntax and Fluent syntax
- Fixed: Issue where entering one’s license key did not work if only VS2017 RC is installed on the machine.
- Improved: Perf of switching between the different operators in the LINQ feature
- Version 18.104.22.1687 (29/11/2016)
- Fixed: LINQ Analysis window sometimes did not render all purple lines correctly
- Fixed: In some cases, hitting down-arrow to navigate the LINQ DataTip would navigate to the bottom of the list instead of just going to the next item
- Fixed: IntelliSense did not work in Tracepoint Editor in Design Mode
- Version 22.214.171.1246 (16/11/2016) – Sim Shipped with VS2017 RC
- Supports VS2017 RC
- Fixed New HUD Customization tab does not work well on 4k displays
- Fixed LINQ feature some times does not play nice with FluentAssertions
- Fixed some more reliability issues in VS2015 Update 1 with regards to MEF Component Cache failures
- Improved Text readability in Dark Theme when using the Classic Ozcode theme
- Version 126.96.36.1999 (8/10/2016)
- Fixed reliability issues in VS2015 Update1 where Ozcode would sporadically fail to load due to MEF Component Cache failure.
- Fixed bug where an Ozcode Style affected all TextBlocks in Visual Studio, adversely affecting several other VS extensions
- Version 188.8.131.527 (26/9/2016)
- Added New tab under Options which allows the user to customize the Ozcode Heads Up Display UI.
- Added “minimalistic” UI theme which makes Ozcode’s UI consistent with the CodeLens UI
- Added Ozcode is now installed as a VSIX extensions into VS2015, meaning you can dynamically Enable/Disable it via Tools->Extensions and Updates
- Improved Preview thumbnail shown when hovering over a process in QuickAttach window is now more reliable and updates in real time
- Improved ToolBar icons and all glyphs within the Ozcode DataTip/QuickWatch now use CrispImages (vector images) and look sharper on a 4k display
- Fixed When comparing the same property within different items in a collection, Ozcode would display the same object twice.
- Fixed The “Search Deeper” button is not clickable within the LINQ Analysis ToolWindow
- Version 184.108.40.2066 (19/7/2016) – for full details, see announcement blog post
- Added support for debugging Query Comprehension (aka “SQL-style”) LINQ queries
- Fixed many different scenarios where clicking on the LINQ numeric indicator did not do anything
- Added When the LINQ analysis feature fails, the relevant error message appears in a pop-up
- Improved Drastically improved the performance of the switching between the breadcrumbs in the LINQ Analysis Tool Window
- Version 220.127.116.114 (1/6/2016) – for full details, see announcement blog post
- Added support for debugging LINQ queries (fluent syntax only)
- Added ability to Export an object into a textual representation (JSON/XML/C#)
- Added ability to Export a collection to an Excel worksheet
- Added When using Compare on two strings, a diff viewer pops up. This can be configured to be either the Visual Studio Diff Viewer, or a 3rd party diff viewer via Ozcode->Options.
- Added You can now customize the colors used in Ozcode’s UI using the Visual Studio Theme Editor extension
- Improved Greatly improved the UX of the Compare feature
- Fixed performance issue where stepping over a Switch statement sometimes caused long delays
- Version 18.104.22.16848
Have a look at some of our popular instructional videos